Last Updated 8 months ago:
If you use rogaine or minoxidil, you might be wondering do you have to wash your hair everyday when using Rogaine. Some hair types are greasy if they skip even one shampoo. Other hair types, however, do not require a daily wash. The situation differs when applied topically.
What is Rogaine?
Rogaine is a brand name for the active ingredient minoxidil, which is used in hair loss treatments. These products usually come in the form of a liquid, a cream, or a foam.
This topical treatment for hair loss is the only medication over-the-counter that is FDA-approved.Both men and women can use Rogaine or any topical hair loss treatment containing minoxidil.
Do you have to wash your hair every day when using Rogaine?
No, you don’t have to, but the people I know who use it wash their hair daily because it can change hair texture, and it may also irritate your eyes. I like the feel of it better than a regular conditioner.
Minoxidil takes roughly 45 to 60 minutes to work after it is applied, and medical facts show that once a day is fine (not twice a day, as some experts suggest), so you can wash it off afterward.
For best results, how to use Rogaine?
- It is advisable to consult the product’s specific instructions before using it or with a physician.
- In general, topical hair loss treatments like Rogaine or minoxidil are applied once daily to a dry, clean scalp.
- Don’t forget to wash your hands after applying.
- After you’ve applied rogaine, don’t use a hairdryer.
- Rogaine should be applied for at least 4 hours, but ideally 8 hours.